Sunday, September 19, 2010

Steelers 19, Titans 11



I hate the Titans passionately.

I mean, they were the Oilers, which was bad enough, but Jeff Fisher. Man. When things aren't going his way, he pouts a lot. Which causes his team to pout. And it really is pathetic. I imagine he is the coach equivalent of Phillip Rivers.



So, what does one say about today's game? Well, 8 days ago, I was praying that we could find a way to be 2-2 when Ben comes back. Today, I'm thinking I don't care what happens the next two weeks. And I'm thinking that 4-0 is not out of the question.

There's not much to say about Dixon's performance. He didn't get a chance to do much, but I thought that he did well enough, creating offense even when he couldn't pass. He also made clear who is the best QB for the job (although if Leftwich gets healthy, he will get some snaps). But for all the people who were touting Charlie Batch, what can you say, except to note that he just wasn't getting the job done.

Actually, I'm going to reconsider that statement. The offense was 1000% predictable today. The computer on NCAA 11 does a better job of mixing things up. Now, I recognize that they were playing it safe, but the fact of the matter is that FGs don't win games.

So, as for the offense, you can't say much good, but I think it's as much on the play calling as anything else.

Let's talk about the defense. Lawrence Timmons - 15 tackles. Harrison - 11 tackes and 2 sacks. Troy with a pick and a leap over the defensive line for a tackle.

You know, I'm not going to say anything more about this game. The defense looked like they were playing a high school team. The Titans & Falcons are averaging 39.5 PPG against anyone but us. We've given up 10 PPG (and that TD for Tennessee was a gift after we started playing prevent). So, it was frustrating to see this game be close but the defense is perfect. End of story. Best in the league, bar none. I defy anyone to find a better a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment